[R] animated plot

p.b.pynsent p.b.pynsent at bham.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 18:36:34 CET 2003

If you can do your analysis on an Apple then there are two bits of
software that might be helpful.
1) GraphicsConverter by Lemke Software ($30 shareware but comes free
with some Macs) will automatically join together many types of image
files to produce a QuickTime movie. Simply dump the images into to a
folder getting R to update the name  so the list file order is your
time order. Then a single command will do the job.
2) iMovie (free) will allow you to drag and drop say .pdfs  files into
a movie. This programme gives you considerable control over things like
the duration of each frame and the zoom factor but may be rather time
consuming for your purpose.

I would probably use both, joining  the files with GraphicsConverter
and editing the movie with iMovie.

Whatever you do I think you will need a few Gigabytes of disk space
depending on your image and video resolution/compression.