[R] model constant relations

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Nov 10 14:08:28 CET 2003

     Have you looked at the correlation of the parameter estimates?

      In S-Plus, this is automatically produced by summary(lm(...)).
There is probably a simple, elegant way to get this in R, but I don't
know it.  Therefore, I produced it as follows:

 > DF <- data.frame(x=1:12, y=rep(1:6, each=2))
 > fit <- lm(y~x, DF)
 > sumfit <- summary(fit)
 > cov.fit <- sumfit$cov.unscaled
 > seb <- sqrt(diag(cov.fit))
 > cov.fit / outer(seb, seb)
            (Intercept)         x
(Intercept)    1.000000 -0.883176
x             -0.883176  1.000000

I developed this by looking at attributes(fit), then attributes(sumfit),
etc.

Is this helpful?
spencer graves