[R] Re: using LSODA in R

Thomas Petzoldt petzoldt at rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
Fri Nov 7 18:48:07 CET 2003

Stephen Ellner schrieb:

> I think an additional problem is that the derivatives function
> must be 'told' where to 'look' in y for the values of R, C, and P
> that are used to compute Rprime,Cprime, Pprime - it has no way of
> 'knowing' that the model's state vector y consists of
> the variables (R,C,P). Appended below is an example of code
> that works to solve a similar system of equations. Perhaps
> it might be useful to add something like that to the
> ?lsoda page?

I think the ?lsoda page is still large enough, but there are some
preliminary examples on my homepage:

http://www.tu-dresden.de/fghhihb/petzoldt/modlim/src/

e.g. "chemostat.R" or "blasius*.R". Furthermore, I am playing around
with a small package with a collection of ecological models and I would
be interested if there are some other people who are interested using R
as a simulation platform in ecological modelling.

Thomas Petzoldt

--
Thomas Petzoldt
Dresden University of Technology