R.com domain [was: [R] Lexical scoping]

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 7 00:06:09 CET 2003

r at r.com writes:

Why are you faking a "From:" address of R at R.com?  There is no such
domain.  Single letter domain names like R.com (and R.net and R.org)
are reserved by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA), which
is the reason that our domain is R-project.org and not R.org.

Your message came through a Norwegian university

Organization Name..........: Norges Teknisk-Naturvitenskapelige Universitet
Organization Number........: 974767880
Post Address...............: Høgskoleringen 1
Postal Code................: N-7491
Postal Area................: Trondheim
Country....................: Norway

after the first hop from nobody at localhost

I am replying to the list because I can't reply to your apparent
address.