[R] import data troubles
ggrothendieck at myway.com
Thu Nov 6 18:03:49 CET 2003
--- On Thu 11/06, STOLIAROFF VINCENT < VINCENT.STOLIAROFF at sgam.com > wrote:
> I'd like to know if there is a function for importing datas from
> excel file?
There are a number of choices:
- select range in Excel, press ctrl-c and read in the data from the
clipboard using read.table("clipboard",header=T)
- write out the data from Excel into a .csv file and use
- use Baird's dataload utility (search Google) and convert the
.xls file to .rda format and then use the R load command.
You can alternately use dataload to convert the xls file
to csv or text and then proceed as above.
- use the RODBC package to directly read the .xls file.
- use the RDCOM package. Its not in CRAN so search for it. This
also directly reads the .xls file.
No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
Introducing My Way - http://www.myway.com
More information about the R-help