[R] query on proxy settings for R.

Luke Tierney luke at stat.uiowa.edu
Wed Nov 5 22:01:27 CET 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Dipti Kamdar wrote:

> Hi,
> I have R installed on SuSE.
> I am trying to find out as to where is the proxy information
> stored and how it is stored.
> I was trying to run the install.package("...")  command on
> the R prompt and it complained that it could not find the URL
> http://cran....
> Thank you,
> Dipti

If you are having proxy-related problems on SuSE this may be related
to the fact that SuSE shell startup scripts on your system may define
the environment variable no_proxy.  This was discussed in a thread back
in July; see for example

	https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2003-July/035410.html

luke

--