[R] save(iris,file="clipboard",ascii=TRUE)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 20:01:20 CET 2003

As should be evident , you thought wrong (and you are thinking in the
blinkered Windows way, too).

On Windows, file() can take a filename "clipboard" in text mode only.
load() and save() are not using file(), but you could probably use it
explicitly in ASCII mode.

Don't assume your own errors are bugs in other peoples' work: it is
discourteous.