[R] Fitting a 3-parameter gammadistribution

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Nov 5 12:40:25 CET 2003

      That's called "interval censoring".  The "likelihood" for such
cases is the probability of what was observed, i.e., (pgamma3(10, ..., -
pgamma3(0, ...))*... .  For this kind of problem, I have in the past
written a function to compute the log(likelihood) and then passed that
function to "optim".

      hope this helps.  spencer graves