[R] read.spss Error reading system-file header

Jacob Wegelin jawegelin at ucdavis.edu
Wed Nov 5 02:37:59 CET 2003

Thank you for your responses.

Here's the workaround.  In SPSS, I saved the file EXvideo.sav as
Excel.  Still in SPSS, I read in this Excel file, and saved it
under a new name, EXvideo-SPSStoExceltoSPSS.sav, as an SPSS file.
This file I was able to read into R with no problem, using read.spss.

The dataload utility was able to convert some other SPSS files to
xls, but not EXvideo.sav.

Jake