[R] read.spss Error reading system-file header

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Wed Nov 5 01:27:54 CET 2003

Jake  -

Very puzzling that a freshly-written copy of the file gives the
same problem.

As to your second question, my recollection is that  read.spss()
will be in package 'foreign'.  The absolute reference is the
source code itself, and this is often quite readable, whether
it's commented or not.

Ah . . . in order to see the source, you need to go back to CRAN
sometimes and download a source version, even though you have no
intention of re-compiling it yourself.  That's highly recommended
for questions of this sort.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -