[R] barchart in lattice

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Sun Nov 2 20:13:48 CET 2003

Bernd,

for counts use histogram instead of barchart, and leave the left side of the
formula empty.

library(lattice)
meta<-read.table("meta.txt",header=T)
histogram(~daten.COUNTRY|daten.STATUS,data=meta)

Check "scales" in xyplot (it's also valid for histogram) so you get the
names of the
countries as vertical x-labels instead of the numbers.

--------- You wrote ----
I have two factors 'country' and 'status' which I would like to plot via
barchart (lattice). 'status' consist of three different levels and should be
the grouping variable, i.e. there should be drawn three different panels and
within each panel a barchart of 'country'.

barchart(daten$COUNTRY|daten$STATUS),
barchart(table(daten$COUNTRY)|table(daten$STATUS)),