[R] Sparse Matrix

apjaworski@mmm.com apjaworski at mmm.com
Fri May 30 23:29:49 CEST 2003

There is a contributed package called SparseM.  It looks like it will do
what you need.

Cheers,

Andy

__________________________________
Andy Jaworski
Engineering Systems Technology Center
3M Center, 518-1-01
St. Paul, MN 55144-1000
-----
E-mail: apjaworski at mmm.com
Tel:  (651) 733-6092
Fax:  (651) 736-3122

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "Harold Doran"       |
|         |           <hdoran at nasdc.org>   |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           r-help-bounces at stat.m|
|         |           ath.ethz.ch          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           05/30/2003 12:55     |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |      To:       <r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>                                                                                   |
  |      cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |      Subject:  [R] Sparse Matrix                                                                                            |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I am learning about sparse matrices and wonder if R can create them from a
full matrix. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to accomplish this.

------
Harold C. Doran
Director of Research and Evaluation
New American Schools