[R] Extracting Vectors from Lists of Lists Produced by Functions

White, Charles E WRAIR-Wash DC Charles.White at NA.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL
Fri May 30 21:38:56 CEST 2003

If you found my subject heading to be confusing then I'm sure you'll enjoy
the example I've included below. I find the apply type functions to be
wonderful for avoiding loops but when I use them with existing functions, I
end up using loops anyway to extract the vectors I want. I would appreciate
it if someone could show me how to avoid these loops. Thanks.

EXAMPLE:
noise<-matrix(data = rnorm(15, mean=0, sd=1), nrow = 5, ncol = 3,
              byrow = FALSE, dimnames = NULL)
measure<-apply(noise,2,t.test)
measure
tval<-NULL