[R] Time for Usenet R Group?

Mike Prager Mike.Prager at noaa.gov
Fri May 30 16:17:45 CEST 2003

I probably shouldn't suggest this, because I can't volunteer to implement
it.  However, I bring it up in the hopes that if (1) others agree and (2)
the R core group think it a good idea that a suitable volunteer will come
forward.

I am finding that the flood of R email messages is becoming difficult to
deal with, even using filters, etc., in my email client.  Would we be
better served by establishing a Usenet newsgroup?  Would that be practical
or impractical?  Would it create problems for the maintainers of R?

--
Michael Prager      <Mike.Prager at noaa.gov>
NOAA Center for Coastal Fisheries and Habitat Research

Standard Disclaimers:
* Opinions expressed here are personal and are not otherwise represented.
* Any use of tradenames does not constitute a NOAA or NMFS endorsement.