[R] surfaces and digital terrain model

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Fri May 30 14:35:16 CEST 2003

Renaud  -

help("contour") gives a reference to  filled.contour(), which might
do what you want by explicitly setting its "levels" argument to be
the single z value which corresponds to the water level.  I have not
experimented to see whether  filled.contour()  will accept arguments
new=FALSE, add=TRUE  which would allow it to add to an existing plot.
And, my information is relative to base R 1.6.1.  More recent versions
of R may have other function names, such as "levelplot".  Try the
help().

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -