[R] Course***Advanced R/Splus Programming in Princeton, San Francisco, etc***June/July 2003 by XLsolutions Corp.
elvis at xlsolutions-corp.com
Thu May 29 20:27:26 CEST 2003
XSolutions Corp (www.xlsolutions-corp.com) is proud to announce
a 2-day "Advanced R/Splus programming" taught by R Development
Core Team Guru!
*********Princeton, NJ ----------> June 19-20, 2003
*********San Francisco ----------> July 24-25, 2003
*********Boston, MA ----------> TBD
*********Washington DC ----------> TBD
Early-bird discount ends May 31!
Reserve your seat Now (payment due after the class)
Email Sue Turner: sue at xlsolutions-corp.com
With the following outline:
- Overview of R/S fundamentals: Syntax and Semantics
- Class and Inheritance in R/S-Plus
- Concepts, Construction and good use of language objects
- Coercion and efficiency
- Object-oriented programming in R and S-Plus
- Advanced manipulation tools: Parse, Deparse, Substitute, etc.
- How to fully take advantage of Vectorization
- Generic and Method Functions; S4 (S-Plus 6)
- Search path, databases and frames Visibility
- Working with large objects
- Handling Properly Recursion and iterative calculations
- Managing loops; For (S-Plus) and for() loops
- Consequences of Lazy Evaluation
- Efficient Code practices for large computations
- Memory management and Resource monitoring
- Writing R/S-Plus functions to call compiled code
- Writing and debugging compiled code for R/S-Plus system
- Connecting R/S-Plus to External Data Sources
- Understanding the structure of model fitting functions in R/S-Plus
- Designing and Packaging efficiently a new model function
Please email us for the full description of the course with fees and
information on trainers. For example, Early-bird group research fee is
It'll also deal with lots of S-Plus efficiency issues and any special topics
from participants is welcome.
Please let us know if you and your colleagues are interested in this class
to take advantage of group discount. Over half of the seats in both classes
are currently reserved. Register now to secure your seat in this course!
Elvis Miller, PhD
206 686 1578
More information about the R-help