[R] install-packages

Göran Broström gb at stat.umu.se
Thu May 29 16:01:24 CEST 2003

When I try 'install-packages' (from menu) in R-1.7.0 (Windows), I get

> install.packages(choose.files('',filters=Filters[c('zip','All'),]),
.libPaths()[1], CRAN = NULL)
Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
cannot open file `eha060/DESCRIPTION'

 but it works with R-1.6.2. It also works if I manually unzip
'eha060.zip' in the right place.

'eha' is an R package written by myself, and since I intend to send it to
CRAN soon, I'm worried that I have built it incorrectly. I usually work on
Linux, and I built eha there. Then I copied the resulting .tar.gz file to
a Windows 2000 machine with Ripley's tools installed and installed it by
'Rcmd INSTALL ...'. So far, so good, everything works. Then I zipped the
catalogue 'eha' to get 'eha060.zip', and this file doesn't work with
'install.packages', however with 'unzip'.

Is the error with me or with 1.7.0? I have seen the reports on failures
with bundles, but 'eha' is not a bundle.

Thanks,

Göran
---
 Göran Broström                    tel: +46 90 786 5223
 Department of Statistics          fax: +46 90 786 6614
 Umeå University                   http://www.stat.umu.se/egna/gb/
 SE-90187 Umeå, Sweden             e-mail: gb at stat.umu.se