[R] ? building a database with a the great examples

Frank Mattes f.mattes at rfc.ucl.ac.uk
Wed May 28 21:09:09 CEST 2003

Dear R help reader,

I'm not an expert in R and are lerning a lot by reading the help
digest, which is sometimes difficult because the huge amount of data
posted. I have posted some questions before, and  are impressed how
quick I got a solution for my problem. Sometimes with quite different
suggestions. I was always wondering if my questions didn't come up
before. On the other site, it wasn't easy to search the help archive,
purely I didn't know how to formulate my problem.
I'm wondering if we could not collect all the answers / examples in a
database -
sorted in topics, like the help document "Rtips".
I have no clue if this is possible to do nor how time consuming the
maintaining would be.

This is just my view how the help list could be improved

Yours
Frank
Frank Mattes, MD			e-mail:	f.mattes at ucl.ac.uk
Department of Virology			fax	0044(0)207 8302854
Royal Free Hospital and 			tel	0044(0)207 8302997
University College Medical School
London