[R] "Tcl/Tk support is not available on this system, " RH 9, R 1.7.0-1

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon May 26 21:56:34 CEST 2003

Dear Marc,

At 12:54 PM 5/26/2003 -0500, Marc Schwartz wrote:

. . .

>I just installed Rcmdr on my RH 9 system and it works fine (albeit only
>during a first look with no extensive testing), so my guess is that you
>are or were missing the tcl/tk packages when you installed R. Be aware
>that you also need the "car" package installed from CRAN for Rcmdr.

. . .

>P.S. to Prof. Fox: Unless I missed it, you may wish to consider having
>an adjustment for the font size on the menus. When using
>options(Rcmdr.fontsize = XX), it affected the log window size, but not
>the menu fonts, which on my 1600 x 1200 lcd panel are on the smallish
>side.

I'll take a look at how to handle that. How about text in dialog boxes? Is
that too small as well? In addition to setting font sizes via options(), I
could add a Preferences item to the File menu, although it might be worth
considering first what other customization would be desirable.

I think that I'll wait until I receive more suggestions for modifications
and additions before proceeding.

Thanks for the suggestion.
  John

John Fox