[R] Question on dbHasCompleted(...)

Minghua Yao myao at ou.edu
Thu May 22 22:44:09 CEST 2003

All,

In the following, when I just enter R from UNIX and make a connection to
Oracle database, dbHasCompleted(rs) is TRUE. This shouldn't have happened
since I haven't fetched any thing. Help will be appreciated.

-MY

MyUnixMachine% R

R : Copyright 2003, The R Development Core Team
Version 1.7.0  (2003-04-16)

Type `license()' or `licence()' for distribution details.

Type `contributors()' for more information.

Type `demo()' for some demos, `help()' for on-line help, or
`help.start()' for a HTML browser interface to help.
Type `q()' to quit R.

> library(ROracle)
> ora <- dbDriver("Oracle")
> channel <- dbConnect(ora, user = "scott", password="tiger",
dbname="myoracle")
> rs <- dbSendQuery(channel, "select * from USArrests")
> dbHasCompleted(rs)
[1] TRUE       # why ???????