[R] Tcltk question for R people

Jason Fisher stormplot at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 21:55:27 CEST 2003

Hello...

Curious to know whether the TK extensions “Tktable” and “Iwidgets” will be
included in future versions of R (full installation).  These are key
components of GUI construction and would be very useful in my current
R-tcltk endeavors.  I realize that I could just install a version of
ActiveTcl, which includes the extensions; however, my goal is to eventually
distribute my work keeping installation procedures at a minimum.

I do have one question for individuals working with R and Tcl/Tk on Windows
XP.  Has anyone experienced corrupted GUI’s (lost widgets) after invoking a
tkpack command (e.g. missing buttons).  My web searches on the subject leave
me wondering if it’s a Windo$e problem.  Any ideas?

Thank you,
Jason

PS: Inclusion of the Tcl/Tk within the R 1.7.0 installation has been greatly
appreciated.

Jason C. Fisher
UCLA Graduate Student
Civil & Environmental Engineering Dept.