[R] To update() or not to update()?

vito muggeo vito.muggeo at giustizia.it
Mon May 19 11:57:30 CEST 2003

Hi Kevin,
Here there is a possible solution

Extract from the base model the response, the design matrix, (possible)
strata,....Note: fit it with argument x=T and y=T
    o<-list()
    X0<-d1.ph $x
    Y<-d1.ph $y
stra<-d1.ph $strata
    for(i in ....){ #what are the positions of "td" variables in the
dataframe?
            X<-cbind(X0,X[,i])
            o[[length(o)+1]]<-
agreg.fit(X,Y,strata=stra,control=coxph.control(eps =
1e-04),init=rep(0,ncol(X)), method="efron",rownames=NULL))
                   }

o is a list with all the fitted models.
agreg.fit() is faster that coxph() (that uses agreg.fit). It is something
like glm() and glm.fit().

Hope this helps you.
best,
vito