[R] Changing default R window under XP

David Parkhurst parkhurs at ariel.ucs.indiana.edu
Sat May 17 20:25:46 CEST 2003

Thanks for the quick response.  I don't know the abbreviations SDI and MDI.
However, I have just recently installed R on a new hard drive, and by
default, it (R) does come up full screen.  That is, the middle button of the
three in the upper right corner of its window has an icon with two windows.
(When clicked, that puts the window in partial screen.)  If it were not full
screen, that button would show a single window.

Also, I tried right clicking on my R icon to set properties, where I thought
I could specify command-line options like "--sdi" to see what would happen,
but I don't see a way to do that in XP.  (I'm pretty sure I could do that in
earlier versions of the windows OS.)  Also, in the Rconsole file, I changed
the line"MDI = yes" to "MDI = no," but that didn't seem to make any
difference that I can see.

As for recompiling, I use Fortran (90), and don't have a C compiler.

Further help would be welcome.
Dave