[R] FW: S+ Script Files for R???

Frank E Harrell Jr fharrell at virginia.edu
Mon May 12 16:50:30 CEST 2003

On Mon, 12 May 2003 07:26:45 -0700
Spencer Graves <spencer.graves at pdf.com> wrote:

> 	  How do you handle the S-Plus commands that don't work in R (or
> produce different results)?  My current favorite is as follows:
>
> 	  if(is.null(version$language)){S-Plus} else{R}
>
> If R, I can, for example, define a function "survReg <- survreg", then
> use my S-Plus script.
>
> hth.  spencer graves

The Hmisc and Design packages use many such if statements and provide many function substitutions.

---
Frank E Harrell Jr              Prof. of Biostatistics & Statistics
Div. of Biostatistics & Epidem. Dept. of Health Evaluation Sciences
U. Virginia School of Medicine  http://hesweb1.med.virginia.edu/biostat