[R] rank correlation and distance between two different matrices

Luca De Benedictis debene at unimc.it
Mon May 12 00:36:16 CEST 2003

Dear all,
in package Hmisc  `rcorr' computes a matrix of Spearman's `rho' rank
correlation coefficients for all possible pairs of columns of a matrix.
What if I want a matrix of  rank correlation coefficients for pair of
columns of two different matrices?

I have the same question about distance metrics in package Vegan. The
function 'vegdist' computes distance indexes for all possible pairs of
row of a matrix. What if I am interested in comparing each single row of
matrix A with the correspondent row of matrix B?

Any help would be appreciated.

Luca