[R] Going slow blues

Bernie McConnell bm8 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri May 9 11:27:01 CEST 2003

Good Day,

Apologies for vagueness, but ... I run R 1.70 on a Win 2000 machine.  I am
usually a very contented user, but occasionally my R scripts will run at
about one tenth speed.  The only way to return to normal is to restart
R.  This seems to be associated (perhaps not exclusively) with me resizing
windows (esp graphics output windows ??).  I am unable to recreate this
problem to order.  I am posting this request for help in the hope that
someone may be able to recognize the problem without me having to delve
further.
Many thanks ,

Bernie McConnell
Sea Mammal Reserach Unit, UK