R crashes with package SJava; was [R] Memory leakage?

Christian Schulz ozric at web.de
Thu May 8 15:45:37 CEST 2003

Hmm,

this steps run without problems on my locale win2k.
Perhaps you make the same mistake like me in the past
and have no file named .Renviron  with entry

JAVA_HOME = c:/YourPath/j2re1.4.1_02

and saved in \rw1070 ?

>> library(sjava)
using JAVA_HOME = c:/Programme/Java/j2re1.4.1_02
>>.JavaInit()
>>source("C:/Chris/dm/rw1070/library/SJava/examples/calc.R")
>>calc()
[[1]]
$id
[1] "1"

$value
$value$actionPerformed
function(ev) {
   txt <- ev$getActionCommand()
   back <- 0
   if(txt == "=") {
     txt <- input$getText()
     val <- as.character(eval(parse(text=txt)))
     input$setText(val)
     jcombo$getModel()$insertElementAt(txt, as.integer(0))
     return(NULL)
   } else if(!is.na(match(txt, unaryOps))) {
     if(txt == "()")
       txt <- ""
     val <- paste(txt, "()",sep="")
     back <- -1
   } else if(txt == "Clear") {
      input$setText("")
      return(NULL)
   } else {
     val <- txt
   }

    doc <- input$getDocument()
    doc$insertString(input$getCaretPosition(), val, NULL)
    if(back < 0) {
      input$setCaretPosition(as.integer(input$getCaretPosition() + back))
    }
 }
<environment: 0194B3CC>

$className
character(0)

$targetClasses
character(0)

attr(,"class")
[1] "AnonymousRReference"

$input
$key
[1] "67"

$className
[1] "javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalComboBoxEditor$1"

attr(,"class")
[1] "AnonymousOmegahatReference"