[R] Returning the p-value of a factor analysis

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu May 8 11:16:07 CEST 2003

Wayne Jones <JonesW at kssg.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> Does anyone know how to explicitly refer to the p-value of thet test that
> the chosen number of factors is significant in a factor analysis.
> It's not in the list of values for the factanal command output yet it is
> printed out with the results.
>
> Thanks in advance.

It's calculated when printed. This is somewhat in bad style (according
to my tastes at least), but we have that happening in a few places. So
you need to redo the computations, which can be found inside
print.factanal. In 1.7.0, this function is hidden in the mva namespace
but you can view it with get("print.factanal",environment(factanal)).