[R] Seeking packaging advice

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Wed May 7 00:26:49 CEST 2003

I have 3 questions about creating a package for R, and would appreciate
any guidance.

1. Demonstrating the packaged code requires some support code files.  It
would seem natural to put these in the demo directory, but "Writing R
extensions" says files in demo should be suitable for runing from
demo().  The support files are not intended to be run from the top
level.  How should I handle them?

A further complication is that the demo won't actually work without some
prior setup outside of R, setup that can't be automated (the user must
pick a computational cluster).  I am planning to handle that by
documenting it.

2. Are there some base datasets I can assume present for use in my
demonstration?

3. Is this the right list for these questions?

Thanks.
--
Ross Boylan <ross at biostat.ucsf.edu>              wk: (415) 502-4031
University of California, San Francisco         fax: (415) 476-9856