[R] Course***R/Splus Fundamentals and Programming Techniques, May-June 2003 @ 5 locations near you! (Raleigh, San Francisco, etc)

elvis@xlsolutions-corp.com elvis at xlsolutions-corp.com
Tue May 6 18:01:44 CEST 2003

XLSolutions Corporation (www.xlsolutions-corp.com) is proud
to announce May-June 2-day "R/S-plus Fundamentals and Programming
Techniques".

****Houston, Tx-----------------> May 22-23
****San Diego, CA --------------> May 29-30
****Raleigh, NC ----------------> June 5-6
****Boston, MA -----------------> June 12-13
****San Francisco -------------->  TBD

Reserve your seat now at the early bird rates! Payment due AFTER the class.
Interested in R/Splus Advanced course? email us.

Course Description:

This two-day R/S-plus course focuses on a broad spectrum of topics,
from reading raw data to a comparison of R and S. We will learn
the essentials of data manipulation, graphical visualization
and R/S-plus programming. We will explore statistical data analysis tools,
including graphics with data sets. How to enhance your plots.
We will perform basic statistics and fit linear regression models.
Participants are encouraged to bring data for interactive sessions

With the following outline:

- An Overview of R: Installation and Demonstration
- Data Manipulation and Graphics
- Using Lattice Graphics
- A Comparison of R and S-Plus
- How can R Complement SAS?
- Writing Functions
- Avoiding Loops
- Vectorization
- Statistical Modeling
- Project Management
- Techniques for Effective use of R and S
- Enhancing Plots
- Using High-level Plotting Functions
- Building and Distributing Packages (libraries)

Early Bird Research: $995 (Includes course materials, 90 days Technical
Support for R,
snacks and continental breakfast!); Email us for group discounts.

Email Sue Turner: sue at xlsolutions-corp.com
Phone: 206-686-1578 x221
Visit us: www.xlsolutions-corp.com/training.htm

Please let us know if you and your colleagues are interested in this class
to take advantage of group discount. Register now to secure your seat!

Interested in R/Splus Advanced course? email us.

Cheers,

Elvis Miller, PhD
Manager Training.
XLSolutions Corporation