[R] "help.start() and kde konqueror"

Fredrik Lundgren fredrik.lundgren at norrkoping.mail.telia.com
Tue May 6 15:46:26 CEST 2003

Hello,

When I attempt to use KDE 3.03 "konqueror" for help.start() I can't get the
search engine to work but otherwise help.start() is OK. How should
"konqueror" be setup for this?

The response to the command is below:
> help.start(browser= 'konqueror')
Making links in per-session dir ...
If konqueror is already running, it is *not* restarted, and you must
    switch to its window.
Otherwise, be patient ...
> konqueror: Okänd väljare "-remote". /Unknown chooser "-remote". -
translation from Swedish/
konqueror: Använd --help för att få en lista med de tillgängliga
kommandoradsväljarna./konqueror: Use --help for a list with the abvailable
command line choosers. - translation from Swedish/

The response to the command with netscape (where the search engine works) is
below):

> help.start(browser= 'netscape')
Changing the default browser (as specified by the `browser' option) to
    the given browser so that it gets used for all future help
    requests.
Making links in per-session dir ...
If netscape is already running, it is *not* restarted, and you must
    switch to its window.
Otherwise, be patient ...
> netscape: root window has no children on display :0.0

SuSE 8.1, KDE 3.03, R 1.7.0, java version "1.3.1_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_04-b02)

Sincerely F Lundgren