[R] null plotting symbol ?

tblackw@umich.edu tblackw at umich.edu
Mon May 5 22:23:27 CEST 2003

I am calling  plot()  with argument pch as a vector of numeric
symbol codes, the same length as x and y.  Is there some code
which produces no symbol - a blank - so that I can come back
with a second call to  points()  and fill in these locations
using a different fill color and a different symbol size ?

There's always a work-around, but both x and y are generated
on the fly by calls to  cumsum(),  so it's inconvenient to put
NAs into either x or y to suppress plotting that way.  Guess
I should *try* mixing numeric and character symbol codes,
although the example in  help("points")  explicitly uses a list
at that point.

THX  -  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -