[R] mozilla and R -- again

Anne York york at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 27 22:52:17 CET 2003

I noticed last week that when using mozilla (both 1.2 and 1.3) as  the
help browser in R, it exhibits the following behavior:

1. assuming the browser is running go to the help -> "search engine and key
words"

2. enter a string, say "plot"

3. when the "search results" are displayed, click on something, say
"abline"

5. click on something else, eg, "arrows"

Nothing happens.  I get the same results with mozilla 1.2 and 1.3
running R 1.6.2 in both RH 8.0 and Windows 2000.

Seems like the links just die. I'm wondering if this is this simply a
mozilla issue as browsers work fine with R.  Or perhaps some of the R gurus
might have some idea if mozilla can be configured differently to work
better with R?

Thanks,
Anne

Anne E. York