[R] Simple NLME problem (I hope)

Vumani Dlamini dvumani at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 18:35:27 CET 2003

Dear R-Users:

I would like to fit a multilevel model using LME such that the parameters
after fitting the multilevel in two separate groups and when I use the
complete data (with interactions between the grouping variable and the other
variables) set are comparable (or the same).

The problem I am having currently is that I am not sure whether it is
possible to let the random error term to vary by group such that the models
are comparable. At present only one random error term is estimate and this
"sort of" distorts the parameter estimates for the fixed and other random
effects.

Looking forward to your help.

Vumani Dlamini