[R] RODBC and Excel in Widows

David Meyer david.meyer at ci.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 26 15:23:51 CET 2003

You might look at Thomas Baier's DCOM interface as an alternative to the
odbc-method for accessing EXCEL-files.

-d

"r.ghezzo" wrote:

> HI,
>  no sorry, so far nobody answer. So it probably does not have a solution.
>  Excell is from you.know.who
>
> >===== Original Message From Meinhard Ploner <meinhard.ploner at univie.ac.at>
> =====
> >Hello!
> >Did you resolve the problem?
> >I'm interested in the solution, too.
> >Meinhard
> >
> >On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 07:21  PM, R. Heberto Ghezzo wrote:
> >
> >> Hello, I have some problems with RODBC and Excel in Win98
> >> I am using R 1.6.2 and just upgraded RODBC to the last version on CRAN.
> >> I have an Excel file with columns Number, Name, Sex, Age, FEV1 on Sheet
> >> 1 and Number, Age, FEV1, Name, Sex on Sheet 2.
> >> Now I open the channel to the file
> >> and the list appears with the 2 tables
> >> and aa has the Number, Name and Sex columns correct but Age and FEV1
> >> are
> >> all NAs
> >> and bb is correct!
> >> So all numeric columns after a column of characters become NAs
> >> Is this an Excel problem or an sql problem.? I did not find anything in
> >> the r-help archives relative to this problem.
> >> Thanks for any help

> R. Heberto Ghezzo Ph.D.
> Meakins-Christie Labs
> McGill University
> Montreal - Que - Canada

        Mag. David Meyer            Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10
Vienna University of Technology     A-1040 Vienna/AUSTRIA
         Department of              Tel.: (+431) 58801/10772
Statistics and Probability Theory   Fax.: (+431) 58801/10798