[R] command line limit?

dederderian dederderian at micron.com
Tue Mar 25 17:17:19 CET 2003

Very insightful.  Thanks Martin.

Maybe, I need to explain my problem a little better.
I am creating an R comfile within a perl script.

When I run this R comfile using:
    source("Rcomfile.txt")
It works fine.

When I run it from within my perl script using:
    R --no-save < Rcomfile.txt
It does not work.
I receive this error message in the middle of a long command line:
    Error: syntax error
    Execution halted

I only see this problem when I have really "long" command lines within the comfile.
I don't really have a work around for getting rid of my long command lines so I would like to find a way to make this work.