[R] Help regarding C/C++ usage ..

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Mar 24 15:32:36 CET 2003

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 venkat.prasad at siritech.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have started to use R for our statistical based application especially
> for Clustering.    Clustering is one of features of the software that we
> are developing.  We are developing the entire product using Microsoft
> Technologies VC++, VB with ODBC.  I wanted to use R for performing the
> Clustering and generate results.  I want to call R functions in my C++
> program.  How can I do that ?  I would appreciate if you could give me the
> entire syntax for building too.   It would be great help and boost for my
> software development if you could send me a sample project.

Two points: most of the information you may find useful is documenmted on
the R project website, and secondly, because R is open source, doubts
about documented functionality can be resolved by reading the entire code,
which is entirely at your disposal. I'm sure lots of people would be
interested in your generous contribution of your conclusions back to the
community. Specifically, use of the search facility on the website will
give you an initial guide to where to look - treat this as an exercise in
datamining on R.

> Thanks in advance awaiting a early and positive response.
>
> Regards,
> Venkat Prasad M S

Roger Bivand

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no