[R] Install on Solaris 5.9

Campbell p.campbell at econ.bbk.ac.uk
Mon Mar 24 12:37:46 CET 2003

I'm trying to install R-1.6.2 on a Sparc machine running Solaris 5.9.  I download and unpack R, run ./Configure from the R directory.  Configure fails.The last line on the Configure script prints is 'Checking for Fortran 77 name-mangling scheme',  This output and the config.log files are available at:
	http://www.phineas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/config.log
and
	http://www.phineas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/configout

If you prefer I could post these 2 files directly to the mailing list.

I currently have autoconf 2.57, automake 1.7.2, gcc 3.2.2, make 3.80 and readline 4.3 installed.

Phineas Campbell