[R]

kjetil brinchmann halvorsen kjetil at entelnet.bo
Thu Mar 20 03:29:24 CET 2003

On 19 Mar 2003 at 8:57, Michael D. Ward wrote:

Please use a subject line!

I have a machine with 1.5Gb of physical memory, and have for a long
time used --max-mem-size 2G,
without any problems. Just yesterday that wasn't enough, so I tried
to increase to --max-mem-size 4G, which was rejected by R.
I lowered to 3G, and the program seemt to be running fine, but
eventually I had to kill the process (hanging).

This is windows XP professional. So, at least on XP, there is
certainly not a hard coded limit of 1G. But why the limit somewhere
between 3 and 4G?

Have others had problems with R processes eventually hanging on XP,
if using more than 2G og memory?

Kjetil Halvorsen