[R] Some more general questions

laurent.duperval@microcell.ca laurent.duperval at microcell.ca
Wed Mar 19 20:28:07 CET 2003

Hi,

Some general questions. I want to build a web page with numerical analysis
generated by R. I have a few questions:

- Can I control the output of a function? For example, if I do:

> summary(data[[5]])
   Min. 1st Qu.  Median    Mean 3rd Qu.    Max.
    0.0     0.0   120.0   193.3   310.0 10290.0

can I control the output to be something like

min=0
q1=0.0
q2=120.0
q3=193.3
max=10290.0

in order to parse with an external program?

- Yet another question on histograms: can I produce them with character
  strings? I'm guessing I need to map each character value to a numerical
  one and use that instead.

Thanks,

Laurent Duperval <laurent.duperval at microcell.ca>

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four.  Unless there are
three other people."
        - Orson Welles