[R] To load Add-ons

Katrin Braesel katrin.braesel at imise.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Mar 18 14:07:10 CET 2003

Dear R Help-Team,

If I start R and type in
search()

the result is:
[1] ".GlobalEnv"    "package:ctest" "Autoloads"     "package:base"

I often need an Add-on-package. I can load it with "> library(package)" or
include a require-command in the .First-function. The .First-function is
fine, if I always use the same working directory. But I don't. And I'm not
the only one, who needs some Add-ons almost every time.
Is it possible to change the .First-function global? Or is there a
possibility to load a package by default for all users and independent from
the working directory, like "package:ctest" and "package:base"?

With kind regards
Katrin Braesel