[R] X11 connection error in web cgi mode only

Roger Peng rpeng at stat.ucla.edu
Mon Mar 17 18:12:07 CET 2003

I believe you get this error because the jpeg and png libraries require
the X11 device to be open in order to generate the plot.  I'll guess that
if you're doing CGI then the X11 device is not available.  You can try
using the `bitmap' device if you want jpeg or png.  This converts to
jpeg/png from postscript.

-roger
UCLA Department of Statistics
rpeng at stat.ucla.edu