[R] xgobi?

Jonathan Baron baron at cattell.psych.upenn.edu
Sun Mar 16 13:08:35 CET 2003

On 03/16/03 11:49, Miha STAUT wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>As far as I understood from the documentation of xgobi. The package is
>intended to plot data in 3D (and more). Why if I enter example(xgobi)
>nothing displays even though the example calls also the xgobi command (yes I
>did load the library)? Do I need to install anything else for xgobi to work?
>I use R 1.6.1. on Windows 2000 platform or R 1.5.1 with RedHat 7.3 (none
>works).

Perhaps the documentation of the xgobi library could be clearer,
but it does say (in the xgobi function):

"The R function xgobi executes a call to the C program of the same
name, an interactive statistical graphics program which runs
under the X Window System, and returns control of the R command
line to the user."

And then, under "References" it gives links to where you can get
the xgobi program itself.  You don't mention having installed the
program, so that is probably your problem.  It does work with R
1.6.1 on RH Linux 7.3.

(BTW, it is easy to update R.  The RPM for 1.6.1 is available on
CRAN, although it was never formally announced, as I recall.)

Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
Psychology webmaster: http://www.psych.upenn.edu/
R page:               http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/
Questionnaires:       http://www.psych.upenn.edu/~baron/qs.html