[R] numbers and decimal points

Ramon Diaz rdiaz at cnio.es
Fri Mar 14 17:31:59 CET 2003

Dear Janet,

In Spain, it is common for spreadsheets to use commas for the decimal point.
As well, (the spanish version of) some statistical software allows either
comma or period.

However, most people I know of have no problem at all using the period (and
many of them do change the defaults in their OS and/or spreadhseet, to use
the period instead of the comma, precisely to avoid the confussion you
mention).

Best,

Ramón