[R] Simple question about export

Darryl darryl.greig at hp.com
Wed Mar 12 14:57:19 CET 2003

If that is what you tried, then you didn't supply the object to the
write.table function.
e.g. if your data.frame is called mydata in R you need

write.table(mydata,"c:/foo/data.dat")

The file is ascii. Note also that you either have to use forward slashes (as
above) or double backslashes

write.table(mydata,"c:\\foo\\data.dat")

R doesn't do the expected thing with single backslashes as you wrote it.