[R] Simple question about export

Adaikalavan Ramasamy gisar at nus.edu.sg
Wed Mar 12 14:47:33 CET 2003

Well, you did not specify the object to save in write.table(). Suppose
you want to save the following:

x <- matrix( c(1:25), nrow=5)
write.table(x, file="c:/my.output.file.txt")

If all goes well, you should see the prompt without any message.

Also use "/" rather than "\" as it is reserved for escape sequences.

You might also consider setting the option sep="\t" and quote=FALSE to
make it truly tab-delimited file. There is also row.names, col.name
option. Try reading the R Data Import/Export or write.table() again.