[R] objectname completion

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Tue Mar 11 18:34:43 CET 2003

Peter Dalgaard BSA <p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk> writes:

>> is there any possibility to get an object-name completion within the R
>> command line (UNIX-version of R). As I got to know from the FAQ that
>> this is possible from within Emacs (ESS), but without using Emacs?
>
> A long-standing volunteers-welcome issue. The hooks in the readline
> library are there (at least if you don't mind killing filename
> completion), and getting the list of objects is essentially a matter
> of cloning what ESS does.

If you clone what ESS does, you have both object and filename
completion.

Of course, you can also volunteer to fix what you don't like about
Emacs, as well, so that you can use ESS...

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini at u.washington.edu
FHCRC/SCHARP/HIV Vaccine Trials Net	rossini at scharp.org
-------------- http://software.biostat.washington.edu/ --------------------
FHCRC:Tu: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email
UW:   Th: 206-543-1044 (fax=3286)|Change last 4 digits of phone to FAX
(CHANGE: monday/wednesday/friday locations are completely unpredictable.)