[R] Job opening: Biostatistics expert

Peter Adorjan peter.adorjan at epigenomics.com
Fri Mar 7 11:30:44 CET 2003

I hope this may be of interest for some of you. Thanks,
Peter Adorjan

------

Biostatistics expert (Berlin, Germany)

You will lead our efforts to develop and apply statistical and
visualization techniques for the analysis and quality control of
high-dimensional methylation data. You will support study design in
diagnostics and pharmaceutical research. You will analyze data from
scientific studies and clinical trials in close cooperation with life
scientists and external partners. You will document and present results
internally and externally.

You hold a university degree (MS, PhD) in statistics or related field.
Working experience in applying statistical methods in medical,
pharmaceutical research is a strong plus. Solid analytical skills are
essential and experience with machine learning methods is an advantage.
You master R/S-Plus or other statistical languages like SAS; experience
with software development is a plus (C++, Java,  CORBA, relational
databases, XML). You can efficiently turn ideas into practical
solutions. You are an independent, creative scientist with excellent
communication skills. You are able to plan and supervise research and
also able to provide effective solutions within a constrained time. You
know how to work at an interdisciplinary nodal position between the life
sciences and statistics. Ideally, you have experience in project- and/or
team-management.

Epigenomics` offices are attractively located in downtown Berlin and we
offer positions with a high degree of responsibility in an exciting and
dynamic work atmosphere. We offer a competitive compensation package.
Human Resources Dept.
Kleine Präsidentenstr. 1
D-10178 Berlin, Germany
http://www.epigenomics.com