[R] Mixed up threads

Mike Nielsen miken at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 6 23:23:58 CET 2003

>From Martin Maechler:
<quote>
PS: Please guys, stop doing the following:
    1. You want to post something to R-help.
    2. You are too lazy to type r-help at r-project.org [the
        shortest of several possible addresses]
    3. you reply to another __unrelated__ posting to R-help instead.

==> all threads are mixed up !
    -- both on the mailing list archives, and on anyone's e-mail
    list who uses threaded e-mail presentation  (e.g. me.)
</quote>

The enormous value of the mailing list archives is eroded by missing,
poorly worded or downright wrong subject fields.  A proper caption is an
important part of articulating your problem. A poorly articulated query
sends a signal to those generous souls who may reply -- it says, amongst
other things, "I'm unlikely to have looked at the documentation."  Not a
good start, especially on this list.

Regards,

Mike
--