[R] tkoptionmenu

janet rosenbaum jerosenb at hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 6 18:21:05 CET 2003

I have two questions:  one so easy that I apologise for it in advance
and one maybe more obscure:

1.  Interactively, typing the variable name will cause its value to print.
How do I print out a variable's value inside of a script?
I've tried cat("Field separator" fsep) and variations thereon, and
haven't found anything that works.

2.  I also have a tcltk in R question.

How do you use the command tkoptionmenu in R?

The following are both valid syntax and both create the desired menu,
but neither changes the variable fsep.

septype.menu <- tkoptionmenu(septype,fsep, ",",";", ".", "\t", " ", "")
septype.menu <- tkoptionmenu(septype,variable=fsep, ",",";", ".", "\t", " ", "")

septype is the frame that optionmenu is placed in, and fsep is
the variable whose value I want to change.

I consulted with the tcltk documentation and none of their syntax or
variations thereon works.

Thanks,

Janet Rosenbaum
Center for Basic Research in the Social Sciences, Harvard University